My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Sunday 9 August 2015

Maputo Street Views


Photo Walk

Today I decided to take a walk so I grabbed my FUJI X100T and off I went into the streets close to where we are living in Maputo.

It is a very different feeling as I am still uncomfortable to walk in a relaxed manner, As I can see the local people looking at me in a odd manner, but then it must be me, as I have been robbed in Mozambique of photographic equipment to the value of 3000€.

The walk was nice, the afternoon winter son already with a beautiful warm colour was setting in, so I just walked for 1 hour.

The interesting thing I found was that the younger people are more open to people taking photos of them (actually ask you to take their photos), while the older people do not like their photos been taken.

I always take my FUJI INSTAX Share SP-1 Printer with me so that I can offer some photos to the people I find interesting. Today I gave away 2 photos (the kids and the security guard). They can not believe how I do it instantly. Its like magic to them.


Anyway here is the result of my afternoon Photo walk.

Dancing boys

Local street vendor


Late Sunday Street market


Central Maputo Hospital


Corner street



Dancing Boys

These boys saw me taking photos and the youngest asked me to take their photos. How Cute.


Security guard and his friend




No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography