My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Friday 9 June 2017

Therapeutic Day - Kruger


Quick, Easy and cheap Therapy


While working and Living in Mozambique, My wife and I make sure we go to the Kruger National Park at least once a month.

For me this is therapeutic as it takes me through time where I dont have to think about the daily stress we live.

This is easy as it is only about 100km from Maputo to the closest south gate (Crocodile Gate) of this beautiful National Park, and as we buy an annual pass, it becomes extremely cheap to come and visit this Awesome park and its wildlife.

I always use www.booking.com (have been their user since the BETA days, book for the night of Saturday, so we have the whole day to be at the Kruger.

We leave Maputo at 05h15, be at the border post and about 06h15, and if we lucky, can be at the south gate at anything between 06h45 and 07h00.

This is great as we have until 17h30 to leave the park, making it a FULL DAY to look for the wildlife that the Kruger gives us.

This time we did not see any lions but saw everything else.

What I like to come to Kruger is for photography opportunities, not only animals, but the trees, and its beautiful landscapes.
We regularly laugh, as if I see a tree that I want to photograph I stop and start composing for the shot, and suddenly there are a couple of cars that stop either behind or in front looking to see what we looking at and trying to see what animal are we looking at. 

REALLY FUN.


NOTICE - HELP

Anyway, Some of you have been great followers, and know my story, what happened to me, my stolen gear and all.

Also, you know that my biggest joy while in Mozambique is to always give an INSTAX photo to all the young people I take photos of, just to see their happy faces, priceless, warming my heart.

My stock of FUJIFILM Instax Mini film is finishing and I need help in getting some more.
Also, you know that some of my gear was stolen (X100T, 56mm, etc...) so hobby money is very scarce after that, so I decided to try an initiative in setting up a Paypal account with a link so that anyone can send me (Donation) any amount for me to restock on INSTAX film, to keep me giving the portraits I make to the beautiful people of Mozambique. 

Its simple, simply click the below link and put the amount you wish to send me and voilá.


Much Appreciate you support on this initiative.




I suggest that you see the photos in full screen mode













No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography