My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Sunday 6 May 2018

Swaziland's Big Game Parks


Quick visit - Two Parks





Two weeks ago I took advantage of the long weekend (1st may) to visit two of the parks from Swaziland's Big game parks, namely Hlane Royal National Park and Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary.

The conservation and wildlife were unknown until a young farmer name Ted Reilly questioned the British monarch and got help from the then Swazi Monarchy. He used his own family's farm to establish Swaziland's wildlife conservation creating the Mlilwane wildlife conservatory in 1964.


My first night was at Hlane Royal National park.

Beautiful African Sunset 

Hlane Royal National park

Proclaimed as a National park in 1967 following Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary in 1964, under the instruction of King Sobhusa II.

Hlane is only 110 km from Maputo, making it easy access for a quick weekend to relax and see big game. It is a 22 000 Ha park, having the biggest herd game in Swaziland. We cannot compare by any means with KNP (Kruger), but for a weekend and to just get out of the city it is ok.  

Hlane means "Wilderness" in the local language siSwati.

What I like About coming to Hlane is the serenity, calmness and all the relaxed Rhino that are about 4 meters from your vehicles.



My second night was at Mlilwane Wildlife sanctuary.


Landscape

Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary

The first conservation park in Swaziland, result from the vision of a young "farmer" Ted Reilly.

It was his family's farm turned into the sanctuary, which has an area of 4 560 Ha.

Mlilwane means "Little fire" in the local language siSwati.

This is totally different from Hlane, in the way that there are no predators. But what makes it different is the landscape beauty, relaxed atmosphere, and the accommodation.


The weekend was just great, relaxed with some great photos both from the animals as well as landscape photography.

I totally suggest for anyone to come to any of these two parks for a relaxed weekend.


PHOTOGRAPHY - HLANE












PHOTOGRAPHY - MLILWANE







































PLEASE HELP

Anyway, Some of you have been great followers, and know my story, what happened to me, my stolen gear and all.

Also, you know that my biggest joy while in Mozambique is to always give an INSTAX photo to all the young people I take photos of, just to see their happy faces, priceless, warming my heart.

My stock of FUJIFILM Instax Mini film is finishing and I need help in getting some more, so I decided to try an initiative in setting up a Paypal account with a link so that anyone can send me (Donation) any amount for me to restock on INSTAX film, to keep me giving the portraits I make to the beautiful people of Mozambique. 

Its simple, simply click the below link and put the amount you wish to send me and voilá.


Much Appreciate your support on this initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography