My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Sunday 13 September 2015

Maputo Street Views IV


Another Sunday Afternoon photo walk

Today I decided to take the wife and son for an Afternoon street photography walk.
It was a nice 4km walk where I could make some nice photos of Maputo's city life on a Sunday Afternoon.


It is the end of winter (if there ever was, as we have been to the beach and swim right through the winter) and the temperature was about 25ÂșC, but we still see people with thin jerseys on.

I just cannot get over the beautiful palm trees, that make the scenery just amazing.




















Street markets - vendors

Whereever you go in Maputo there is a street vendor or market where you can buy just about anything you want.



Delicious Oranges

Just around the corner from Mercado Janet









Salted and dried fish

Today I discovered salted and dried fish, where a very friendly gentleman came over to us and said that it is not our (PORTUGUESE) COD fish, but very similar process of "curing" the fish.



The gentleman was so friendly that I made his portrait and offered him a print using my FUJI INSTAX SHARE-SP1.

Another hit, as he was literally laughing with happiness with this offer. Once again thank you FUJI for bringing this wonderful tool to the market.




The mangoes are growing nicely as this photo demonstrates


The Wedding guest

As I was going to frame another photo, a young man started to pose for me in the middle on the street. Wonderful and friendly, so I called him and made these beautiful portraits.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography