My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Saturday 21 March 2020

Discovering Porto


First 4 hours in Porto



My TAMRON lenses are not working with my new NIKON Z6 camera.

From the site of TAMRON, the 70-200mm needs a firmware update to be "compatible" with the Z6 and my 150-600mm, the autofocus decided to stop working (this while at my last Kruger National Park visit).

As the Service centre of TAMRON is in Porto which is north of Portugal, I decided to take the 70-200mm lens myself and stay for one night in Porto, as I am finding that it is an interesting place to visit and get to know.

I arrived at Tamron's service centre close to 15h00 where they did the initial diagnostics, did an upgrade, but, alas, still not working.
It seems that my lens is an older version and needs another firmware (with no designated timeframe for the release date).
Very frustrated indeed, but what can I do?


So, checked-in to my B&B and went for a photo walk in the historic centre of Porto, crossed the D. Luis Bridge to the other side of the Douro River, where I took some night shots from Gaia overlooking the Ribeira of Porto.

I am really enjoying getting to know Porto as it is transforming itself into a modern city keeping its historic buildings and culture.


Enjoy the photos
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography