My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Thursday 7 April 2016

Fresh Air - Andorra Part I


Our Yearly Ski break

This year we commemorated our 13th yearly family Ski break, and went to Andorra. The snow and weather were great (Powder and single digit Temperature), not a lot of snow but just great.

We love to go to Vallnord as it is a family friendly resort were the ski runs (Pistes) are long and wide and if one goes to PAL we can even ski through the trees.





This time I decided to have a Classic Chrome look of my new FUJI X70 camera (my X100T was stolen), so all photos on this post are in FUJI's "Classic Chrome" look.

Part I

On this first post, the photos will be about the ski and runs while Part II will be about the city, and apres-ski.



Why I love skiing holidays

It is the only holidays that I really switch off from work related issues, attention and daily stress, specially if you go with friends or family. There is always something to do, we are always active, and for me, while we all ski blue and red runs (Pistes) I for one like to concentrate while ski, so there is no time to think about work. Then at the end of the day we all talk about what happened during the day and do all the planning for the next day leaving nearly no time to think about work. While on a beach holiday we have a high sedentary life, my head starts to think about work. That is the difference.

Anyway, our son being twelve started skiing on the runs since he was three years old. What a natural skier. We cannot hold him back no more. Skis backwards, jumps, climbs all the side walls, etc. He could be a potential champion if we lived close to a ski resort or country.

PLEASE click on the photos to see in full screen

Potential Champion






Sking is not only going downhill. IT is also to enjoy the sun and see other people (specially kids) skiing.

















The new FUJI X70

As I have wrote before on one of my posts, I love FUJI Cameras. This new "baby" I bought the new fuji X70 as my beloved and best FUJI camera the X-100T was stolen in Maputo (living here for the last 14 months). How I miss it terribly. Anyway, I think the quality of the this camera is just great. Check the following photos.







Which way should we go. Caught this little one waiting for his teacher.













My skis. For one to really enjoy skiing one have to trust his skiis. IT is like driving a car. Have to know up to where can one push it.


My darling daughter. Unfortunately she is a snow boarder, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography