My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Thursday 9 January 2020

Early Xmas - a new Camera


The Mighty Nikon Z6

There are times when you think that technology really leaps forward a couple of years.

I have had a full-frame Nikon D600 since 2013 which, until now was very happy with it (or so I thought).

Then in 2014, I bought the FUJI X-T1 Mirrorless camera, and I thought, wow, this is really cool. I could just WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). So much simpler, smaller and fantastic colour rendition, photos, all the works.

I really enjoyed my Fujifilm so much that I also bought the X100T for some street/documentary photos, but unfortunately got stolen in my new home country - Mozambique.
On one of my business trips I bought the fantastic small Fuji X70, and for some time that was my everyday camera for documenting life in Southern Africa.

But as I was missing my X100T, again on one of the business trips I bought another Fuji, this time the perennially beautiful X100F. This is my walking around camera, documenting all the places I visit when on a business trip and holidays photos (very few indeed).


As I am a Mirrorless convert, I only used my Nikon D600 on my monthly Kruger National park visits for my monthly therapy, you know what I mean.





But then everything changed. NIKON launched a beauty of a camera and entered the mirrorless photography world.


Again, on one of my last business trips, December last year (2019) I went all in and bought the Z6 with the "kit" lens 24-70mm lens.

What can I say? Now I have a problem.  I simply love this camera. The photos, crisp, beautiful colours, extremely sharp images, simply stunned by this camera. Well done Nikon


To prove what I am writing here, I am sharing some photos taken last December while on holiday back in Europe.


Enjoy the photos.

Nikon Z6 - Simply gorgeous equipment

Istanbul








Sesimbra













Azeitão






Caparica























No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography