My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Great TREK - #9


July the 9th -  Beginning of the 3rd Leg


Did an early breakfast in the lodge so that we could prepare and leave for Namibia (our 3rd leg of our tour).

As we were packing the car from our cottage, my son got the fright of his life, as when he got to the cottage (around the corner from the car) he confronted a big male baboon inside ready to leave with our big bag of food on his hands. He called out for me, and I decided to chase this big baboon (big mistake), but oh boy, he turned around and made some weird sounds and showed his big teeth. All I did was shout while lifting my hands, so the baboon turned around and left. Adrenalin levels very high indeed. 

We left Augrabies with mixed feelings as my son said leaving this beautiful place "This would be perfect f mommy would be here". Well, we have to come back with some more time.

We crossed the Namibia border with no problems with everybody being very polite indeed.

Our first stop for the night was Goibib Mountain lodge were we arrived at 15h30.

One thing we have to remember, the distances in Africa are not the same as in Europe. we were averaging 400km per day therefore all these "stop overs" between the planned legs.

This was a great night at the Goibib and I thoroughly recommend it. We did a night drive (Private as it was just the two of us) on this 9000ha farm. We saw more wild game then in Augrabies, namely Kudu, Springbok, Oryx, Klipspringer, a couple of owls and obviously a beautiful sunset of the Karas Mountain range.

For dinnes we had the original Farm food (Boere kos) where my son enjoyed his dinner.

Again early to bed.


Again Long road streches

With some animals to be careful

Resting place on the side of the road

The way to the Namibian Border

Getting close to the Border


Goibib Mountain Lodge

Getting ready for the night drive

Some beautiful scenery


The Karas Mountain Range


 The Karas Mountain Range


The local worker and our trekker

My son playing with my camera - Nikon D600  


Beautiful Landscape

The sunset coming rapidly

 Namibian Sunset. Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography