My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Sunday 25 May 2014

Road to North Western France - #10

Special Memorial day - 70th Anniversary of Liberation

Today I made a special visit one of the places I needed to go, and this year I am lucky enough, as it is the 70th year anniversary of June 7th 1944, the Battle of Normandy, especially the Utah beach battle, the decisive battle.

After the Normandy Tank museum situated in Carentan - Catz (Not well signaled to get there as it is a brand new museum), I went to Utah Beach then Saint Mêre Eglise, where Private John Steele is "Still hanging from the Church spire.


Very special day indeed.









 Had to take in all the emotions of these two older Gentlemen as they were contemplating....

 I Think Black & White conversions are just perfect for the subject







Harley-Davidson spare parts.... hmmmm....

Onwards to UTAH-Beach

On the road to UTAH Beach






Cannot get lost onto UTAH-Beach





 Cannot help yourself but to have a funny feeling inside you as you stand at UTAH Beach and try to imagine how hard it was for ALL men during the invasion.

Hope Humanity will not forget.










Then to Saint Mêre Eglise




John Steel still hangong after 70 years. A Local Hero





 This was indeed one of the special days of my journey to North Western France.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography