My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Thursday 15 May 2014

Road to North Western France - #3

The place to visit - Honfleur

The third day of my journey I decided to do the Calvados "Pays D'auge" tour and visit a couple of beautiful typical villages. As I was arriving at the first village of my list, I had a sense of coming home. It is a small medieval maritime villages, where it has been a military stronghold and a well known commercial port, located between the Seine Estuary and the "Pays D'Auge" in North Western France.

Saturdays are market days right by the center of the village, where all people meet to buy, trade, and talk to friends. A beautiful, fun day for all.

Honfleur, one of the most beautiful medieval maritime villages that I visited, as you can see from the following photos I am sharing.


One view of the port


People starting to chill out by the Cafes and soaking the sun




Being in the Calvados Region where the strong and main product is CIDER, delicious and refreshing drink


Just have to love this picturesque village



It took me 5 minutes to make this photo, as I was standing in the middle of the road waiting for "no" cars.

hmmm, chocolates






Regional products


Just look at his happy face. This guy was selling his cheese like crazy

Regional products 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography