My Lisbon

My Lisbon

Monday 19 May 2014

Road to North Western France - #5

Fortified walls - Saint - Malo

After my Normandy journey, I focused on knowing more about Britanny and its villages.

I started with Saint-Malo. It was named after the Welsh monk Mac Low, whom became the sixth bishop of Alet, founded in the mid-twelfth century, on a rocky island.

In the late fifteenth century, Anne of Bretagne, by successive marriages to Charles VIII and Louis XII, annexed the Duchy of Brittany to the kingdom of France.

After this visit, I decided to go to one of the most beautiful (and best medieval) villages in Britanny, DINAN


Well known Chateaubriand

La Houssaye - XVth Century courtyard

On the lookout, from the fortified walls

Beautiful streets

Relaxing



Are you looking and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Photography